Recently, I was nominated for the The Liebster Award. I don’t usually go for these types of things, being an avid avoider of chain-mail and all other rubbish that can get in one’s merry way of productiveness. I know this isn’t the same thing of course. The lovely Elissaveta kindly saw my blog as deserving, and I would like to respect and thank her for that. So, here are questions which I may like to pretend I don’t want to answer if it distracts from my actual content – but actually, don’t we all love talking about ourselves…
So here we are.
1. What country do you blog from?
Currently Scotland, soon to be Australia.
2. What was your favourite childhood movie?
Oliver Twist, Milo and Otis and The Beatles’ The Yellow Submarine.
3. Cats or dogs?
4. What kind of music do you prefer?
This is too difficult a question – I’ll answer with what kind of music do I prefer this week. I’ve been writing essays and studying 200 years of Art History, so I’ve tended towards Classical (Chopin, Rachmaninov, but also the likes of Philip Glass), Jazz (Keith Jarrett’s Köln Concert), or Electronic/Hip-hop (recently it’s been Four Tet or BadBadNotGood)
5. Coffee or tea?
Coffee: if instant, black with a sprinkle of sugar. If proper, flat white.
6. What’s the most daring thing you’ve done?
Send me a private message and I’ll tell you. None of that on here.
7. Beaches or amusement parks?
Beaches – I have a somewhat cynical view of the money-guzzling qualities of amusement parks.
8. What is your favourite song today?
Mountains Crave – Anna von Hauswolff
9. What are you reading now?
Antic Hay – Aldous Huxley, and Thinking, Fast and Slow – Daniel Kahneman
10. Name a place that you would like to visit some day.
Here are my nominees for the Liebster award:
These are the rules to follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you on their blog with a link to your post.
- Display the Liebster award on your blog.
- Nominate up to 10 bloggers for this award.
- Ensure these bloggers have less than 500 followers.
- Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
- Lastly, copy these rules in your acceptance post.
And here are questions for my nominees to answer if they choose to accept this.
1. Favourite type of bird?
2. Your nearest city?
3. What book, magazine, newspaper, cereal box are you currently reading?
4. Favourite song of the week?
5. Favourite Modernist writer or artist?
6. What is the silliest thing that you’ve done recently?
7. Are you happy living where you are? If not, where would you ideally be living?
8. Your favourite season, and why?
9. Red wine or white?
10. What colour are your walls right now? (mental walls or physical walls..)